Skip to main content

Overhead Power Line Safety

Shawn Miller was hanging Christmas lights at his mother’s house, like he did every year, when tragedy struck. As he was throwing a string of lights into a tree, it made contact with a power line. Shawn suffered 27 exit wounds, the loss of one hand, and a finger on another—but miraculously, he survived. Shawn and Safe Electricity urge people to spend time making themselves aware of their surroundings before working with or around items that use electricity, indoors and out.

Learn more about Electrical Safety