This year, Halloween falls on a Saturday, and will showcase a spooky full moon. Add in a day of family activities and don’t forget the costumes, you can wear them all day! Even without traditional trick or treating, your family can have a full day of fun.
For Halloween 2020:
- Learn about pumpkins —fun activities—history!
- Try a new pumpkin recipe
- Go to a pumpkin patch—since they are outdoors—many are open!
- Create something to give—Halloween cards to the Veterans Hospital, cookies for a neighbor.
- Gather some snacks—jump in the car and drive around looking at Halloween decorations—you will be surprised how many people decorate their house for Halloween.
- Organize a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors or inside your house. (Candy can be hidden for an extra surprise!)
- Enjoy a Halloween movie night with your family.
- Go “Ghosting”! Make pumpkin muffins and deliver them to your loved ones or neighbors. Leave them at the front door and ring the bell and run fast!
- Go on a family walk together in costume, take funny pictures along the way and post on social media.
- Have a “haunted dinner.” Create a spooky feast and dress up in in your costume. Have a contest for the spookiest food or best costume. Try Jack ‘o Lantern quesadillas. (Cut the top tortilla into a Jack ‘o Lantern face.) Don’t forget the “melted witch” (green sport drink) for a beverage.
Most importantly, spend time together making memories and try something different this year. You may find you have made a new tradition.