Registration is open for the 2017 Crop Management Conferences. These regional conferences provide a forum for discussion and interaction between participants and university researchers and are designed to address a wide array of topics pertinent to crop production in Illinois: crop management, pest management, nutrient management, soil and water management.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn up to 8 hours of continuing education credit. Advance registration, no later than one week before each conference, is $100 per person. Late and on-site registration is $120. Dates and locations along with links to location-specific agendas and online registration are listed below.
Conference topics include:
- Updating Grain P and K Removal Levels - Dr. Emerson Nafziger, University of Illinois, Extension Agronomist, Department of Crop Sciences
- Crop Management Strategies for Leaner Times - Dr. Gary Schnitkey, University of Illinois, Extension Economist
- Increasing the Odds of Success: Integrating Weed Management Strategies - Dr. Aaron Hager, Univ. of Illinois, Extension Weed Scientist, Department of Crop Sciences
- or Dr. Bob Hartzler, Iowa State Univ., Prof. Weed Science or Dr. Karla Gage, Southern Illinois Univ., Asst. Prof. Plant Biology
- Is record-setting weather the 'new normal'? - Dr. Jim Angel, Illinois State Climatologist, Illinois State Water Survey
- Management Practices to Reduce Tile Nitrate Loading - Lowell Gentry, Senior Research Specialist, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- The living soil: Crop management, organic matter and soil biology - Dr. Michelle Wander, University of Illinois, Prof. Soil Fertility & Ecology, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Predicting Insect Pressure: Surveys and Web-based Tools - Kelly Estes, Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey Coordinator, Prairie Research Institute
- New Bacteria to Perennial Fungi: Revisiting Crop Disease in 2016 - Angie Peltier, University of Illinois, Extension Educator
January 18: Mt. Vernon – Krieger/Holiday Inn Convention Center. Click here to view the Mt. Vernon agenda. Click here to register for the Mt. Vernon location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, email@example.com.
January 25: Springfield – Brookens Auditorium – University of Illinois-Springfield. Click here to view the Springfield agenda. Click here to register for the Springfield location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 1: Champaign – i-Hotel and Conference Center. Click here to view the Champaign agenda. Click here to register for the Champaign location. For more information, contact Dennis Bowman: (217) 244-0851, email@example.com.
February 15: Malta – Kishwaukee College Conference Center. Click here to view the Malta agenda. Click here to register for the Malta location. For more information, contact Russ Higgins: (815) 274-1343, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail-in registrations must arrive one week before each conference in order to take advantage of the advance registration discount. To download the mail-in registration form, click here.