Soil fertility, crop production practices and environmental stewardship will be the foci of a Soil Fertility Seminar on February 28, 2017 in 18 different University of Illinois Extension county offices.
Presentations will be delivered through web conferencing from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Topics and speakers will include:
- Increasing importance of sulfur for field crops–Dr. John Sawyer, Iowa State University
- Illinois NREC: What have we learned?–Dr. Robert Hoeft, Illinois Nutrient Research & Education Council
- Managing Nitrogen to Improve Efficiency–Dr. Emerson Nafziger, University of Illinois
- Tile Nitrate Loss: Effect of fertilizer N application method and cover crops–Lowell Gentry, University of Illinois
- N and P retention as influenced by tillage and cover crops in a corn-soybean rotation–Dr. Maria Villamil, University of Illinois
Registration costs $50 per person, which includes lunch. Certified crop advisors may earn up to five nutrient management credits.
To view a list of participating counties, a detailed agenda and to register, please visit the Soil Fertility Seminar Webpage.
Please note that the registration deadline may vary by county.