- EAB was detected in Peoria and Tazewell counties in 2014.
- Once a county is added to the quarantine list additional sightings don't need to be reported. IL Dept of Ag would be flooded with these calls. The important find is the first one - after that assume all ash trees within that county need some type of attention.
- Due to the volume of contacts, site visits will not be conducted by University of Illinois Extension.
- Illinois Dept. of Ag EAB site at http://www.agr.state.il.us/eab/
- Videos on Ash and EAB Identification and EAB management options http://web.extension.illinois.edu/eab/
- Rhonda's Pinterest EAB Board at http://www.pinterest.com/ilriverhort/emerald-ash-borer/
- The Illinois Arborist Association for a list of certified arborists at www.illinoisarborist.org
- Insecticide Options for Protecting Ash Trees from Emerald Ash Borer at http://www.emeraldashborer.info/files/multistate_EAB_Insecticide_Fact_Sheet.pdf
- Emerald Ash Borer Factsheet which includes information on the pest and how to control it at http://extension.cropsciences.illinois.edu/ornamental/insects/eab_fact_sheet.pdf
Need additional help?