Backyard Greenhouse Basics
October 9 | 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Looking to extend your production season? Hoping to expand your small business or just interested in trying a new growing system? Explore the basics of greenhouses and high tunnels and learn how to select a good site, what system will best meet your needs and what to consider when building a greenhouse. Presenter: Katie Bell, University of Illinois Extension.
This program is part of Gardening in the Air, a virtual series on October 9 co-hosted by University of Illinois Extension and Iowa State University Extension. Sessions are 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. CST. Sign up for one session or the entire series. Sessions are free to attend, but a donation is appreciated. Access links and handouts will be provided upon registration.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in programming, please contact Bruce Black at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for the requested accommodation. Some programs will be recorded. If recorded, closed captioning for requested programs will be honored after the event.
Gardening in the Air Sessions
- 9-10 a.m. Pollinators, Plants and People
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Planning for Pollinators this Fall
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Pollinator Gardening
Vegetables and Herbs
- 9-10 a.m. Big or Small: Cover Crops for All
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Harvesting and Preserving Herbs
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Backyard Greenhouse Basics
- 9-10 a.m. New & Alternative Shade Trees for the Home Landscape
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Planting & Growing Healthy Shade Trees
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Trees and Shrubs for Pollinators