2022 Cool Kid in the Garden
February 5 | 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Every year there are always new plants to try out. From Perennials to annuals to shrubs, let Martha Smith, retired Horticulture Educator, University of Illinois Extension, share her soon to be favorites! USDA Hardiness Zones 4 through 6 will be presented. Presenter: Martha Smith, University of Illinois Extension
This program is part of Gardening in the Air, a virtual series on February 5 co-hosted by University of Illinois Extension and Iowa State University Extension. Sessions are 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. CDT. Sign up for one session or the entire series. Sessions are free to attend, but a donation is appreciated. Access links and handouts will be provided upon registration.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate, or for more information, contact Bruce Black at email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting access needs. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for the requested accommodation. Some programs will be recorded. If recorded, closed captioning for requested programs will be honored after the event.
Gardening in the Air Sessions
- 9-10 a.m. Native Shrubs and Wildlife Benefits
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Move Beyond the Lawn! Small Scale Prairie Restorations for Pollinators and Other Wildlife
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Taking Action for Native Bees
- 9-10 a.m. Plant Propagation Techniques for the Home: Indoors and Out
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Diagnosing Indoor Plant Problems: Troubleshooting Common Issues with Houseplants
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Kokedama String Gardening
- 9-10 a.m. Trees that Pop in the Spring!
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Tree Pruning Tips
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 2022 Cool Kid in the Garden