The Refuge Food Forest
It is the season of fruit tree pruning.
When pruning at home, follow these pro tips for trimming ornamental or fruit trees:
- Start with the 3 D's: Dead, Dying, Diseased
- Always prune outside a branch collar for healthy healing.
- Sanitize tools between every tree pruned.
- Remove less than 1/3 of growth for healthy tree recovery.
To learn more and engage in hands-on fruit tree pruning, register for an upcoming pruning workshop at The Refuge Food Forest:
- Tuesday, February 28, 11:30 AM – 1 PM
- Thursday, March 9, 3:30 – 5 PM
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in person, please call the McLean County Extension Office at 309-663-8306 or contact Nick Frillman (email@example.com). Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting access needs.