In 4-H, you learn by doing and you usually have a pretty great time while you're doing it! Want to know more about what your 4-H experience might look like?
- Create and build things. Whether you're inspired by robots and drones or photography and recipe cards, our programs give you the tools and the opportunities to create, imagine, and build.
- Travel and see the world around you. In 4-H, you can travel across the state and around the world if that's what you're in to. Dream big and discover the world through our programs.
- Explore careers that interest you. In 4-H, career exploration is more than just reading about possible jobs, it involves rolling up your sleeves and trying it on for size.
- Make new friends. From clubs to camps to field trips, in 4-H you'll meet new people and experience new social and cultural events. It's pretty easy to form lasting friendships when they're based on shared interests and experiences.
- Teach and inspire kids. 4-H helps prepare youth for roles as leaders in their classrooms, communities, and future careers. We'll help you develop the skills you need to work with youth in your community and help them launch their own 4-H journey.
- Help others. A core aspect of 4-H is learning to serve with and for those around us. 4-H clubs create opportunities for members to find meaningful ways to impact the people and neighborhoods they live in.
- Meet cool people. Who wouldn't love the chance to meet and learn from some of the best athletes, actors, scientists, and artists in their fields? Our network of professional contacts is deep and wide - you never know who might show up at a 4-H event!
4-H is a place where you can find where you belong. It's where you decide what matters to you and learn about things that interest you. And, it's the place where you serve in the community where you live.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Interested in learning more about 4-H but not sure where to start? Complete this interest survey to find the 4-H group that's just right for you. Ready to enroll? Select the tab for the county you are interested in for their enrollment process. If you're already a member, you'll find everything you're looking for in the links below.
How do I enroll in Livingston County 4-H?
We're waiving the enrollment fees for new and existing members who enroll in 4-H during the period of September 1 - October 31. Youth are able to join 4-H at any time of the year, but why not now? This is a great time to start your 4-H adventure and take advantage of this special enrollment fee waiver.
- Enroll through 4HOnline.
- Submit Assumption of Risks Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program fee - Turn in all required forms and be approved in 4HOnline system by Oct. 31 to have 2021-2022 fee waived! Mark pay by cash or check at time of enrollment.
Questions about enrolling in 4-H, selecting projects, ordering project books, and volunteering? Check out our FAQ sheet or contact the Livingston County Extension Office for assistance at 815-842-1776.
After Oct. 31, 2021, payment of $20 submitted on 4HOnline or by cash or check sent to the Livingston Extension Office 1412 S. Locust St., Pontiac, IL 61764.
4-H Fun Night
Want to find out what 4-H is all about? Youth and families who are interested in seeing what 4-H has to offer or are new to the program are invited to a special open house event scheduled for Oct. 4. Stop by the Livingston County Extension Office (1412 S. Locust St., Pontiac) between 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. We'll have fun, hands-on activities for the youth as well as current members and 4-H staff available to answer your questions about becoming a part of 4-H. Clubs are located throughout Livingston County as well as workshops and programs going on throughout the year. Come by for some fun and start your 4-H adventure! Registration is requested but not required.
How Do I enroll in McLean County 4-H?
Enroll at 4HOnline
Review the Enrollment Guide
Check out Enrollment FAQ's
Additional Enrollment Resources:
View the Club Directory
View the Family Handbook
New Family Orientation Meetings
- August 25th, September 16th, October 18th - all at 5:30 p.m.
- Reach out to Wren at email@example.com for more information and the Zoom link
How do I enroll in Woodford County 4-H?
Enroll at 4HOnline
Payment of $20 submitted on 4HOnline or by cash/check sent to the Woodford County Extension Office at 109 E Eureka Avenue, Eureka,IL 61530.
The Youth Leadership Team, a group made up of 4-H youth throughout Illinois that provides the youth voice for the University of Illinois Extension State 4-H Program, has released their Second Quarter Report. Click here to check it out to see what they have been involved with!
Check Out These Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
4-H Events and Show COVID-19 Updates
Illinois State Fair 4-H Show
Little Roots for 4-H Cloverbuds
LMW 4-H Horse Bowl & Hippology Team
Stay in the know with the most up to date COVID-19 updates for all Livingston, McLean, and Woodford County 4-H events and summer shows. Click the link above the recent update! (Effective immediately 5.25.21)