4-H in Woodford County
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Find the latest 4-H News on our Unit 4-H Page!
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Enroll in 4-H with Zsuite
Fairs and Shows
- Access the YQCA workshop signups. This is an annual training for those with projects in beef, dairy, goat, sheep, and swine. Need help signing up? Here's a helpful instruction sheet to walk you through the process.
- Earn your QAEC Certification here. This free training is for those with projects in cat, dog, horse, poultry. This certification is to be completed only once in a 4-H member's career. (This page asks for a token, however, you can simply hit 'next' to continue)
Lamb and Goat
- State Fair Lamb and Goat Nomination Form (live show only)
- State Fair Premiere Lamb (carcass) Nomination Form
County Awards - Member Records and Awards
- Woodford Recognition Guidebook
- Information Cover Sheet
- Experience Awards - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Emerald Awards
- My 4-H Activities Record
- 4-H Project Record Sheets
- I Dare You Award
- County Blue
- Outstanding 1st Year Member
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
Important Note: Applying fir the Record Book Award requires both of the following two items:
- My Activities Record Sheet
- At least one 4-H Project Record Sheet (see above options) or Livestock Record Book
Woodford County 4-H Scholarship
We are pleased to introduce a new Woodford County 4-H Scholarship! This scholarship serves to reward Woodford County 4-H members/recent alum who have exhibited outstanding leadership, citizenship, and community service during their 4-H career. Deadline for submission to the offs is September 15, 2022. This scholarship is generously funded by the Woodford County 4-H and Extension Foundation and the University of Illinois Extension.