4-H in McLean County
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
What is 4-H?
The 4-H program is organized into clubs throughout the county, based on where members live or specific interests. SPIN (SPecial INterest) Clubs such as Shooting Sports and Robotics offer youth the opportunity to focus on a specific theme. Volunteer adult leaders help to lead the clubs and provide organization and adult supervision for the various club activities. They also help to advise the youth about educational opportunities, leadership, and citizenship development.
All youth ages 8 through 18 may enroll in a 4-H club. This age is determined by how old youth are on or before September 1 of the current year. Youth 5 through 7 years of age on or before September 1 of the current year may enroll in 4-H Cloverbud groups.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
2023 Fair and 4-H Show Book
McLean County 4-H Shooting Sports
Waiving 4-H Enrollment Fees!
McLean County 4-H will again be waiving enrollment fees for the 2023-2024 4-H year! Enrollment will be on the same platform as last year, 4h.zsuite.org. If you already had an account, you will not need to create a new one this year. Below you can find resources to help you with the enrollment process.
- Re-Enrolling with ZSuite (Video Tutorial)
- Re-Enrolling with ZSuite (Step-By-Step Guide)
- New Family Enrollment Video (Video Tutorial)
- New Family Enrollment Guide (Step-By-Step Guide)
Volunteers must be enrolled and approved in ZSuite before you are able to host club meetings. Please only add adult profiles on ZSuite for adults that are planning on being volunteers.
Project Books PDFs
Click the accordion to view the project books that are available online for free.
McLean 4-H Resources
Enrollments & Clubs
How Do I enroll in McLean County 4-H?
- Enroll in ZSuite, the 4-H online enrollment platform
- Visit the ZSuite Enrollment Guide
- View the ZSuite Enrollment Instructions Video
- View the ZSuite Re-Enrollment Guide
- View the ZSuite Re-Enrollment Instructions Video
- View the Adding Projects to Your ZSuite Account Guide
- View the County Project List for county level projects
- View the Project Selection Description Guide for help on what projects to add in ZSuite.
- Check out some Enrollment FAQ's
- Payment of $20 submitted at time of online enrollment or by cash or check sent to the to the McLean Extension Office, 1615 Commerce Parkway, Bloomington IL. A Fee Waiver Form is also available.
New Family Resources:
Records, Scholarships and Awards
Click here to view timelines, application links, and responsibilities for leaders and youth for records and award applications!
McLean County Project Records: Due to the office after being reviewed from the club leader on September 15.
- Need help filling out records? Check out our record book guidance document.
- Want to learn more about Project Records and Illinois State 4-H Awards? Click for records and awards overview.
- HCE Scholarship: Applications OPEN, deadline to submit is Monday, April 1, 2024
- Mosbacher 4-H Educational Scholarship: Applications CLOSED, check back summer 2024.
- Mosbacher 4-H Educational Scholarship Application
- George E. Holder 4-H Scholarship: Applications CLOSED, check back summer 2024.
- George E. Holder 4-H Scholarship Application
- H.O.R.S.E. Education Committee Scholarship: Applications CLOSED, check back summer 2024.
- H.O.R.S.E. Education Committee Scholarship Application
Leader of the Year Nomination: Applications CLOSED, check back summer 2024.
Recognition of Excellence
View our annual Recognition of Excellence tabloid, where we get to show appreciation to our members and volunteers for all of their hard work and dedication to McLean 4-H throughout the year!
- 2022-2023 Recognition of Excellence tabloid
Member and Leader Resources
Additional Member and Leader Resources:
Forms for Clubs
Forms for Clubs
- Access the End of Year Wrap-Up Checklist
- View the Club Directory Update Form
- View the Annual Financial Statement
- View the Annual Financial Statement for Checking Accounts
- View the Annual Financial Statement for Savings Accounts
- View the Indication of Financial Activity Statement
- View the Secretary's Book
- View the Treasurer's Book
- View the Social Media Best Practices Guide
Cloverbud Leader Resources
Wisconsin 4-H has created a series of Cloverbud learning activities that can be used in a variety of settings, including 4-H club meetings, Cloverbud project meetings, day camps and afterschool programs!
You can access the Cloverbud Leader Resources and Activities here.
Each activity features a different 4-H project area and targets the development of age-appropriate life skills. While each of the activities could be used as stand-alone, they are grouped together for a year-long sequence of Cloverbud activities.
Fairs & Shows
Need Project Books?
2023 McLean County 4-H Show
Projects need to be entered in FairEntry by June 30
Families must create a new FairEntry account this year due to the switch to ZSuite. Instructions on how to create a new account can be found in the Family Login for FairEntry Document.
Need Help selecting your projects? Click here!
If you are interested in sponsoring awards at the McLean County 4-H Show, you can fill out the Sponsorship form here and return it to the McLean County Extension Office at 1615 Commerce Parkway, Bloomington, IL 61704.
Interested in volunteering at the McLean County 4-H Show?
Contact Sky Holland
- Access the virtual YQCA training. This training needs to be completed annually.
- Earn your QAEC Certification here. This training is a once in a lifetime training, if you have completed it for all the species that you will show you do not need to take it again. The exhibitor must have written documentation providing ownership or lease of the animal being shown. (This page asks for a token, however, you can simply hit 'next' to continue)
- General Animal Lease Form
- McLean County Pride Form
- 2023-2024 Livestock Ownership Deadlines
- Horseshow Pattern books
- Horseshow Checklists
- Horseshow Guidelines
- Horse State Ownership Paperwork
- Horse County Ownership/Lease Paperwork
Lamb and Goat
- State Fair Lamb and Goat Nomination Form (live show only)
- State Fair Premiere Lamb (carcass) Nomination Form