In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Do you need a fun evening out with your family?
We have just what you are looking for. Mark your calendar for October 3 and get ready to have a blast at our 4-H Fun Night open house! Here's your chance to enjoy a variety of hands-on activities for youth ages 8 to 18. We'll even have some special stations just for 5-7 year olds. You'll walk away with an evening of fun memories, maybe even a prize or two, and best of all get a taste of what 4-H has to offer youth and families. Come by for some fun and start your 4-H adventure!
This is a free event.
Registration is requested, but not required.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
2022-2023 4-H Enrollment Begins Early September
4-H Fun Night
How do I enroll in Livingston County 4-H?
- Go to 4h.zsuite.org. Create a household profile, then enroll your member.
- For step-by-step instructions or a video to walk you through the process, visit this helpful site.
Exciting news! We're waiving 4-H Enrollment Fees!
Complete your enrollment and be approved in the 4-H system by October 31 to have the $20 program fee waived for 2022-2023.
Reminder: 4-H is always open to join all year and anytime with waiver opportunities available upon request. This exclusive offer runs through October 31, 2022.
Fee Waiver Form - Cost should never be a barrier to participation in 4-H. If you need a fee waiver for a program or event, please complete this form and submit to the Livingston County Extension Office at 1412 S. Locust St., Pontiac
Questions about enrolling in 4-H, selecting projects, ordering project books, and volunteering?
Contact the Livingston County Extension Office at 815-842-1776.
Ready to order project books?
Visit the Illinois 4-H Virtual Pop-up Shop
Livingston County 4-H Clubs
- Livingston Recognition Guidebook
- Information Cover Sheet
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Emerald Awards
- My 4-H Activities Record Sheet *
- 4-H Project Record Sheets *
- I Dare You Award
- County Blue Award
- 1st Year Member
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Holstein-Fresian Association Award
* Important Note: Applying for the Record Book Award requires both of the following two items:
- My Activities Record Sheet
- At least one 4-H Project Record Sheet (see above options) or Livestock Record Book
- Secretary - Submit Secretary Book
- Treasurer - Submit Treasurer Book
- Reporter - Submit club scrapbook
- Historian - submit a notebook or folder of club meeting reports and/or news articles submitted to the local paper
See pages 4-5 in the Livingston Recognition Guidebook for details and application requirements of Officer Awards.
Club and Community Awards
- County Club of the Year
- Club Community Service Award
- 4-H Alumni Award
- State 4-H Club Award Application
State 4-H site for additional state awards can be found on the Illinois 4-H Website