In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Public Speaking and Food Demonstration Event
When: Saturday March 4 beginning at 9 a.m.
Where: McLean County Extension Office, 1615 Commerce Parkway, Bloomington
For information about the categories for Public Speaking and Food Demonstration, check out the Information Sheet.
To register and select a presentation time, visit Event Signup
2023 Learn and Fun Day
When: Monday, February 20th, 2023 at 8:15am
Where: Trinity Lutheran School, Bloomington
Learning something new is exciting and challenging! Youth can experience workshops like Geology, Cake Decorating, Floriculture and so many more. There is something for everyone! Learn and Fun Day is open to all youth ages 5-18 in Livingston, McLean, and Woodford counties. You don't have to be enrolled in 4-H to participate! Cost is $25 for 4-H members and $30 for non-4-H members.
Registration includes: morning workshops, lunch, afternoon workshops, and workshop supplies!
YQCA - Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
YQCA training is required for 4-H members who plan to show their dairy cattle, beef cattle, swine, sheep, and/or goats at the 2023 4-H Show. Youth may complete the required YQCA certification online ($12) or at an in-person training ($3). Visit YQCA to register.
Livingston County is offering three in-person sessions:
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
4-H Achievement Night Video
How do I enroll in Livingston County 4-H?
- Go to 4h.zsuite.org. Create a household profile, then enroll your member.
- For step-by-step instructions or a video to walk you through the process, visit this helpful site.
Exciting news! We're waiving 4-H Enrollment Fees!
Complete your enrollment and be approved in the 4-H system to have the $20 program fee waived for 2022-2023.
Reminder: 4-H is always open to join all year and anytime with waiver opportunities available upon request.
Fee Waiver Form - Cost should never be a barrier to participation in 4-H. If you need a fee waiver for a program or event, please complete this form and submit to the Livingston County Extension Office at 1412 S. Locust St., Pontiac
Questions about enrolling in 4-H, selecting projects, ordering project books, and volunteering?
Contact the Livingston County Extension Office at 815-842-1776.
Ready to order project books?
Visit the Illinois 4-H Virtual Pop-up Shop
Livingston County 4-H Clubs
2023 Livingston County 4-H Show Book - COMING SOON!
Livingston County 4-H Exhibit Report - If unable to attend conference judging, youth may complete this Exhibit Report and have their exhibits judged.
Exhibits need to be entered in FairEntry by June 15. The FairEntry system will open up in April.
- 2023 Livestock Ownership Deadlines
- Access the virtual YQCA training. This training is required for those with beef, dairy, goat, sheep, and swine. YQCA certification needs to be completed annually.
- Earn your QAEC Certification here. This training is for members in cat, dog, horse, poultry, rabbit, and small pets project areas and must be completed only once during a 4-H members time in 4-H. The training site page asks for a token, however, you can simply hit 'next' to continue.
Lamb and Goat
- State Fair Lamb and Goat Nomination Form (live show only)
- State Fair Premiere Lamb (carcass) Nomination Form
- Livingston Recognition Guidebook
- Information Cover Sheet
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Emerald Awards
- My 4-H Activities Record Sheet *
- 4-H Project Record Sheets *
- I Dare You Award
- County Blue Award
- 1st Year Member
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Holstein-Fresian Association Award
* Important Note: Applying for the Record Book Award requires both of the following two items:
- My Activities Record Sheet
- At least one 4-H Project Record Sheet (see above options) or Livestock Record Book
- Secretary - Submit Secretary Book
- Treasurer - Submit Treasurer Book
- Reporter - Submit club scrapbook
- Historian - submit a notebook or folder of club meeting reports and/or news articles submitted to the local paper
See pages 4-5 in the Livingston Recognition Guidebook for details and application requirements of Officer Awards.
Club and Community Awards
- County Club of the Year
- Club Community Service Award
- 4-H Alumni Award
- State 4-H Club Award Application
State 4-H site for additional state awards can be found on the Illinois 4-H Website