4-H In Livingston County
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem-solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Looking for specific 4-H information?
How to enroll in Livingston County 4-H?
Exciting news! We're waiving 4-H Enrollment Fees for 2023-2024!
- Go to 4h.zsuite.org. Create a household profile, then enroll your member.
- For step-by-step instructions or a video to walk you through the process, visit this helpful site.
Reminder: 4-H is always open to join all year and anytime with waiver opportunities available upon request.
Fee Waiver Form - Cost should never be a barrier to participation in 4-H. If you need a fee waiver for a program or event, please complete this form and submit to the Livingston County Extension Office at 1412 S. Locust St., Pontiac
Questions about enrolling in 4-H, selecting projects, ordering project books, and volunteering?
Contact the Livingston County Extension Office at 815-842-1776.
Records and Awards
Livingston County 4-H is pleased to announce the Awards and Recognition Program for 2023. A variety of awards are available for members and clubs to apply for this year. Below is a listing of the county and state level awards. Please make note of the different application deadlines.
- Information Cover Sheet - Include the cover sheet when submitting records and award applications to the Livingston County Extension office by the stated deadlines.
- Livingston Recognition Guidebook - An overview of the recognition/award program
Experience Awards - Deadline October 2, 2023
- Bronze, Silver, Gold - County Level
- Diamond, Emerald Awards - State Level
Note: Visit the Illinois 4-H Experience Award Website for complete information about the award, application, and a helpful tip sheet. You may also wish to review the How to Score Your Experience Award Application
Record Book Award - Deadline October 2, 2023
Applying for the Record Book Award requires both of the following two items:
- My Activities Record Sheet
- At least one 4-H Project Record Sheet (see options below) or Livestock Record Book
- Animal Science
- Career and Leadership Development
- Civic Engagement
- Creative Arts
- Environmental Sciences
- Food Systems
- Healthy Living and Nutrition
Other Awards - Deadline October 2, 2023
- Outstanding 1st Year Member
- County Blue Award - This designation is awarded on the basis of outstanding effort toward accomplishing the objectives of the individual project areas. Members can receive a medal for an award area only once. After receiving a medal, members receive a Blue Award each year they continue to show outstanding effort in that award area. Medal winners are determined on the basis of a cumulative project record in the award area.
- I Dare You Award - The award recognizes youth ages 15-18 years old who strive to be their personal best and make a positive difference in their schools, youth groups, 4-H clubs, and communities.
State 4-H Awards
Illinois 4-H Scholarship - Deadline November 1, 2023
Electronic Submission by 4-H Member
Sustaining the Future Award - Deadline January 31, 2024
Electronic Submission by 4-H Member
The purpose of this award is to recognize 4-H members who have exemplified outstanding leadership within the agricultural industry and a desire to remain engaged.
Deadline October 2, 2023
- Secretary - Submit Secretary Book
- Treasurer - Submit Treasurer Book
- Reporter - Submit the reporter forms for the club's meetings and news articles submitted to the local paper (if applicable)
- Historian - Submit club scrapbook of the activities from the year
Club and Community Awards
Livingston County 4-H Club Awards - County Level - Deadline October 2
State 4-H site for additional state awards can be found on the Illinois 4-H Website
Newsletters and Updates
Fairs and Shows
Signup for General Project judging times
Exhibits need to be entered in FairEntry by June 10. The FairEntry system will open in May 2024.
- Need help navigating Fair Entry? Here are some helpful resources:
- 2024 Livestock Ownership Deadlines
- Access the virtual YQCA training. This training is required for those with beef, dairy, goat, sheep, and swine. YQCA certification needs to be completed annually.
- Earn your QAEC Certification here. This training is for members in cat, dog, horse, poultry, rabbit, and small pets project areas and must be completed only once during a 4-H members time in 4-H. The training site page asks for a token, however, you can simply hit 'next' to continue.
- State Fair Beef Nomination Form
Lamb and Goat
- State Fair Lamb and Goat Nomination Form (live show only)
- State Fair Premiere Lamb (carcass) Nomination Form
- State Fair Swine Nomination Form