The annual gathering of Illinois Extension Master Gardeners is being hosted by the Illinois Extension volunteers and staff serving Fulton, Mason, Peoria, and Tazewell counties. They have planned a fun-filled learning experience for everyone. Join us for the days of the conference that work best for you.
Pre-conference Tours - Thursday, September 7
- Full-Day Tour: Destinations include Mason State Tree Nursery, Dickson Mounds State Museum, Black Sheep Flower Farm, and Orchard Hill Farm. Bus departs at 8 a.m. and returns to the hotel by 5:15 p.m. and includes a box lunch.
- Morning, Half Day Tour: Destination includes Illinois Central College gardens. Bus departs at 8 a.m. and returns to the hotel by Noon.
- Afternoon, Half Day Tour: Destinations include Wildlife Prairie Park and Luthy Botanical Garden. Bus departs at 12:30 p.m. and returns to the hotel by 5:30 p.m.
- We ask that all who plan on attending a tour ride on the charter bus. No driving of individual vehicles is permitted.
Evening Social – Thursday, September 7
- Trivia with EMG Suzanne Cook, Embassy Suites River E, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Conference Sessions – Friday, September 8
- Keynote Address
- Awards Ceremony
- Breakout Sessions
Click here for the complete conference schedule with session descriptions.
The deadline to register is Monday, September 4, 2023, unless capacity is reached sooner.
Lodging for the 2023 Illinois Master Gardener State Conference
We have a block of rooms reserved at Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria Riverfront Hotel & Conference Center, 100 Conference Center Dr, East Peoria, IL | 309-694-0200 . There are also additional hotels nearby. Links below:
- Holiday Inn & Suites East Peoria
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East
- Best Western Plus Peoria
- Americas Best Value Inn
- Mark Twain Hotel (downtown Peoria)
The Friday lunch will be a buffet including a salad with dressing, pasta and fruit salad, fried chicken or beef tips, seasonal vegetable, rolls and butter, and dessert, along with iced tea, water, and coffee. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let Tara Heath, email@example.com, know as soon as possible so we can work with the chef for meal accommodations.
For general conference questions, contact Illinois Master Gardener State Coordinator Candice Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-300-3198.