- 2 Tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- ½ cup unsweetened lite coconut milk
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides, but don’t cook all the way through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Heat remaining oil in same skillet.
- Sauté onion, ginger and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spices and salt.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in pumpkin and coconut milk.
- Add browned chicken and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F as measured with food thermometer.
- Serve over rice.
Recipe source: adapted from Libby’s Pumpkin
Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 140 mg
Carbohydrate: 8 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 18 g