Skip to main content

Outdoor Electric Box Safety with Pad Mount Transformers

When Aaron and Brett Studer were young boys, they got into an electrical service box in their yard, and Aaron suffered second and third degree burns to his face. Fortunately, there were no permanent scars. They want to help others stay safe. Recognize that these boxes contain electrical equipment. Respect the equipment and the boxes. Do not open, tamper with, or obstruct access to them. If there is any damage, such as a hole or broken lock, immediately report it to your utility.

learn more about electrical safety