Soil and Water Management Seminar for Certified Crop Advisors is coming to the Logan County Extension office in Lincoln, IL. (February 20 - 9:00 am to 2:30 pm).
Registration is $45.00 per person, which includes materials and lunch.
4.5 hours of Certified Crop Advisor Credit in soil and water management available. For presentation at multiple locations, web conferencing and PowerPoints will be used.
Logan County Extension Office
980 N. Postville Dr.
Lincoln, IL 62656
Topics and Speakers:
· Where does eroded soil come from and where does it go? Implications for soil and stream management. - Dr. Bruce L. Rhoads & Dr. Thanos Papanicolaou, UIUC & University of Tennessee
· How extreme weather controls nutrient exports from the agricultural Midwest to the Gulf, and what we can do about it. - Dr. Adam Ward and Laura Keefer, University of Indiana and UIUC
· Managing Microbes: AMF in Cropping Systems - Dr. Wendy Taheri, Terra Nimbus LLC
· Cover crops: Benefits and Selection - Dr. Eileen Kladivko, Purdue University
· Soil health tests and how they can be used in a crop management program. - Donna Brandt, University of Missouri
REGISTRATION: Space is limited and registration must be received by February 19.