Hello fall and hello pumpkin spice lattes!
Do you love fall flavors in your morning cup o' joe but hate spending the money?? Well, you're in the right place because there's no need to say goodbye to your hard earned cash. Instead of driving to the coffee shop, waiting in line, and spending more than necessary…you can make your own pumpkin spice latte (PSL) quickly at home for only $1 and half the calories, fat and sugar!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used 2%)
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- Pumpkin pie spice or any combination of the following: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, allspice (in whatever ratio you desire)
- Honey- 1 Tbsp.
- A mason jar or a container with a lid (something to shake your milk in)
- In a large mug or glass mix together honey and your spices.
- Pour brewed coffee into the mug and stir to distribute the honey and spices.
- Pour milk into a mason jar, attach lid and shake until frothy (1-2 minutes). If you have a frother, you can use that, too.
- Remove lid and microwave the milk for 1 minute or until warm. Froth again for extra foam.
- Fill your mug the rest of the way with milk and spoon on foam.
- Sprinkle with additional spices.
Sip, smile and enjoy:)
Nutrition Facts Face-Off!
Coffee house PSL
Today's post was written by Kristin Bogdonas, MPH. She is a Certified Health Education Specialist and Nutrition & Wellness Educator covering Mercer, Henry, Rock Island and Stark Counties. She specializes in mindful eating, local and seasonal foods, and food safety/preservation.