321 W 2nd Avenue Milan IL 61264
Kristin Bogdonas began employment with University of Illinois Extension in August 2013 and serves Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark counties in her role as nutrition & wellness educator. Bogdonas provides research-based programs and resources to diverse audiences via experiential, interactive programming as well as web-based platforms and social media outlets. She strives to inspire healthy lifestyles in others so people can live their best lives.
Her work is dedicated to chronic disease prevention and management; food preservation and safety; healthy lifestyles; diversity and inclusion. She keeps an eye out for new partnerships and grant opportunities to leverage support for existing and potential programs while maintaining good working relationships with historical partners.
Bogdonas earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Illinois State University with a concentration in nutrition and dietetics. She then went on to complete her Master of Public Health degree from Southern Illinois University. She has certifications to teach Navigating Difference, Trauma Informed Care trainings, the CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program and the Certified Food Protection Managers course.
Awards Bogdonas received for team and individual work:
- NEAFCS Marketing Package (team) Award - 1st Place national winner for the Fill Your Pantry webinar series and 31 Days of Food Preservation Social Media Campaign, 2021
- NEAFCS Communications Radio/Podcast Award - 2nd Place central region winner for the Wellness Wake Up Call Podcast on WVIK Quad Cities NPR, 2021
- NEAFCS Written Communications Award - 3rd Place national winner for her article, Taking diabetes to heart, Quad City Times, 2020
- IEAFCS Family Health and Wellness Award - state winner for, Cooking for the Health of It, 2019
- EPA Food Recovery Challenge Regional Award (team), Food Rescue Partnership, 2018
- NEAFCS Human Development/Family Relationships (team) Award – 2nd Place national winner for the “Healthy Aging Summits in Illinois”, 2018
- NEAFCS Innovation in Programming (team) Award – 3rd Place national winner for “Doing More with Less: Helping Older Adults Live Well”, 2018
- Extension Excellence in Diversity Award, 2017
- Extension Interdisciplinary Unit Team Excellence Award, 2017
Visit the Henry, Mercer, Rock Island and Stark counties website to learn more about her programs and upcoming events.
Can't make it to a program or workshop? Connect with Kristin in the following ways:
- Healthy Lifestyles that Last Blog- Wellbeing is a journey, not a destination. Be the best version of YOU with these lifestyle tips from Kristin Bogdonas, nutrition and wellness educator.
- Wellness Wake Up Call Podcast on WVIK, Quad Cities NPR. Nutrition news you can use to be the best version of you.
- Henry, Mercer, Rock Island, and Stark counties Facebook page Program announcements, weekly wellness tips and links to Start the Week Off Right column publications.