Why is it one of my favorites?
- only 4 ingredients
- lots of flavor
- its not overly sweet (unless you add extra honey)
- its full of healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals
- you can use any kind of milk- cow's, almond, soy, coconut, etc.
- it tastes great!! It would also taste good poured over a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Steps1. Gather ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tbs honey
2. Put ingredients in a blender and mix away.
3. Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Other add-ins you might enjoy: chia seeds, hemp seeds, fresh or frozen fruit, and dry oats.
Nutrition for the entire smoothie: Calories- 379, Healthy Fat- 13.7 g, Protein- 11.1 g, Fiber- 7.6 g, Potassium- 1123 mg, Phosphorous- 301 mg, Magnesium- 84 mg, Calcium- 329 mg, Vitamin C- 18.8 mg, Vitamin A- 675 IU
Looking for more easy Irish food recipes? Check out this easy Irish Soda Bread recipe.
**University of Illinois Extension does not endorse commercial products or companies even though reference may be made to trade names, trademarks or service names**