October 9 | 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Decide which pollinators will visit your garden with the plants you choose. Insects have favorites like everyone else. Explore tips and tricks to encourage your favorite insects to visit your garden. Once your garden is abuzz with pollinators, learn a few fun ways to help others understand pollinator's roles. Presenter: Nathan Brockman, Iowa State University Extension.
This program is part of Gardening in the Air, a virtual series on October 9 co-hosted by University of Illinois Extension and Iowa State University Extension. Sessions are 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. CST. Sign up for one session or the entire series. Sessions are free to attend, but a donation is appreciated. Access links and handouts will be provided upon registration.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in programming, please contact Bruce Black at email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for the requested accommodation. Some programs will be recorded. If recorded, closed captioning for requested programs will be honored after the event.
Gardening in the Air Sessions
- 9-10 a.m. Pollinators, Plants and People
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Planning for Pollinators this Fall
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Pollinator Gardening
Vegetables and Herbs
- 9-10 a.m. Big or Small: Cover Crops for All
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Harvesting and Preserving Herbs
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Backyard Greenhouse Basics
- 9-10 a.m. New & Alternative Shade Trees for the Home Landscape
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Planting & Growing Healthy Shade Trees
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Trees and Shrubs for Pollinators