Do you feel pressed for time in the morning but still want to enjoy a heart-healthy breakfast? Well I’m here to help!
Breakfast is an important part of the day and an opportunity to fill your body with the fuel it needs to accomplish goals and complete daily tasks. The foods you choose influence your health so it’s wise to make smart choices early on. One healthy choice will surely lead to another.
It’s easy to get into a routine of quick, sugary cereals or drive-thru meals. These are ok once in a while but a heart-healthy breakfast can be yours every morning in a matter of minutes! If you’re like me, you don’t have the energy to make a multi-step breakfast during the week and you shouldn’t have to.
Here are 5 heart healthy breakfast ideas that take 5 minutes (or less) to make and are some of my personal favorites!
- Whole-wheat toast with avocado and tomato salad – check out these other breakfast salads while you’re at it
- Protein packed smoothies - a blend of nourishing ingredients and plant-based protein make breakfast a breeze
- Golden oats – a slightly sweet and harmonious blend of spices for a warming treat
- Egg & veggie scramble wraps or eggs olé – wrap your eggs in a whole wheat tortilla for a satisfying start to your day
- Blueberry-chia overnight oats – this no-cook recipe not only tastes great but will keep you feeling full and can be made the night before
5 more quick and easy grab-n-go breakfast ideas:
- Hard boiled eggs and a fruit with the peel
- Unflavored instant oats topped with sliced fruit or yogurt/kefir
- Whole-wheat bagel with lox and Neufchatel
- Yogurt parfait
- Whole-wheat toast or English muffin topped with nut butter and bananas
Read more about the health benefits of oats plus printable oat-based recipes to try at home!