There has been extensive media coverage on the coronavirus these last few weeks and it has caused great concern globally. It was previously referred to as 2019 novel coronavirus or 2019-nCoV, however, the official name announced by the World Health Organization is coronavirus disease 2019, abbreviated COVID-19. Like other respiratory illnesses, common COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Follow these general recommendations to prevent the spread of this and other respiratory viruses.
- Limit contact with others if you or they are sick.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or into a tissue and discard it properly.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water frequently.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth especially if you have not washed your hands.
- Disinfect areas and objects around you.
Check for regular updates online at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Check out their facts sheet available in several language.