Plant and seed sales around the world surged in 2020. Dr. Cindy Haynes will provide pointers on buying the best plants for gardens or the landscape, regardless if they come from a local garden center or online from another state or country.
Register online by January 27.
Presenter: Cindy Haynes, PhD, Associate Professor & Horticulture Specialist, Iowa State University
Sessions will be hosted using Zoom at 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Central Standard Time. Participants may register for a single session or the entire series. Sessions are free to attend, but a donation is appreciated. Access links and handouts will be provided upon registration.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in programming, please contact Martha Smith at email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for the requested accommodation. Some programs will be recorded. If recorded, closed captioning for requested programs will be honored after the event.
Other Sessions in the Series
Winter Gardening Activities
- 9-10 a.m. Gardening is Good
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Introduction to Fruit Tree Pruning
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Purchasing Seeds and Plants
- 9-10 am Native Plants with Winter Wildlife Interest
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Backing Backyard Birds in Yards and Gardens
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. When Your Nearest Neighbors Aren’t Human (a.k.a. Living with Wildlife)
Food and Nutrition
- 9-10 a.m. Funkalicious Fermentation
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Flying Knives: Vegetable and Fruit Preparation Tips
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Preserve the Taste of Summer
- 9-10 a.m. Ornamental Grasses with Winter Interest
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Introduction to Sustainable Landscapes
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Create an Out-of-the-Ordinary Theme Garden
Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs
- 9-10 a.m. Growing Herbs and Microgreens Indoors
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Straw Bale Gardening
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Starting Seeds for the Garden Indoors