Whether you live in a small community or a larger urban setting, wildlife is a part of your everyday life, but some species may wear out their welcome. These animals have adapted to be your neighbor because humans have the tendency to provide exactly what they need. Others need our help to survive due to the pressures of a forever-changing environment. Learn how to enhance and coexist with wildlife on your property as well as the legalities for removing animals.
Register online by January 27.
Presenter: Peggy Doty, Energy and Environmental Stewardship Educator, University of Illinois Extension
Sessions will be hosted using Zoom at 9 a.m., 10:15 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Central Standard Time. Participants may register for a single session or the entire series. Sessions are free to attend, but a donation is appreciated. Access links and handouts will be provided upon registration.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in programming, please contact Martha Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for the requested accommodation. Some programs will be recorded. If recorded, closed captioning for requested programs will be honored after the event.
Other Sessions in the Series
Winter Gardening Activities
- 9-10 a.m. Gardening is Good
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Introduction to Fruit Tree Pruning
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Purchasing Seeds and Plants
- 9-10 am Native Plants with Winter Wildlife Interest
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Backing Backyard Birds in Yards and Gardens
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. When Your Nearest Neighbors Aren’t Human (a.k.a. Living with Wildlife)
Food and Nutrition
- 9-10 a.m. Funkalicious Fermentation
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Flying Knives: Vegetable and Fruit Preparation Tips
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Preserve the Taste of Summer
- 9-10 a.m. Ornamental Grasses with Winter Interest
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Introduction to Sustainable Landscapes
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. How to Create an Out-of-the-Ordinary Theme Garden
Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs
- 9-10 a.m. Growing Herbs and Microgreens Indoors
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Straw Bale Gardening
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Starting Seeds for the Garden Indoors