Regenerative grazing is a livestock and land management system that helps improve soil health, and reduces farm production costs. Learn the basics and see how it is being done in Illinois.
The 2021 Small Farm Webinar Series gives small producers access to practical tools and knowledge to improve their profitability and sustainability by learning about leading practices on emerging topics in production, management, and marketing.
Watch the Recording: If you cannot attend the live session, please register to receive an email with the recorded session. Past programs are available on YouTube at bit.ly/ILLocalFoodsYouTube.
Questions: For more information contact Zack Grant, Extension Educator in Local Food Systems and Small Farms at firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 679-6889.
University of Illinois Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Zach Grant at email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting your access needs.
2021 Small Farms Winter Webinar Series
- January 21: Exploring Cover Crops and No-till in Tomato & Pepper Production Systems. Presenter: Nathan Johanning, University of Illinois Extension
- January 28: Augmentative Biological Control in Protected Culture and Greenhouses. Presenter: Dr. Kacie Athey, University of Illinois Crop Sciences
- February 4: Aquaculture and Aquaponics: An Overview For Urban Agriculture. Presenter: Andrew Coursey, Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant
- February 11: So You Want to Be a Farmer/Value Added Producer? Presenter: Andy Larson, Food Finance Institute
- February 18: Spring and Summer Bulbs for Cut Flower Production. Presenter: Candice Hart, University of Illinois Extension
- February 25: Regenerative Grazing - Could It Work on Your Farm? Presenters: Doug Gucker and Katie Bell, University of Illinois Extension
- March 4: Grower/Business Spotlight: Funks Grove Heritage Fruits & Grains. Presenter: Jeff Hake, Funks Grove Heritage Fruits & Grains
- March 11: Containerized Production: Options When Quality Native Soil Isn't An Option. Presenter: Zack Grant, University of Illinois Extension
- March 18: Food Desert or Food Apartheid? Presenters: Grace Margherio and Joey Fonseca
- March 25: Too Small for Wholesale Markets? Think Again. Presenters: Kathryn Pereira, University of Illinois Extension, and Marlie Wilson and Dakarai Howard, Chicago Food Action Policy Council