Christian County Extension Office
Beef up your herd management practices for 2023.
The Dudley Smith Farm Winter Meeting will feature cover crops performance, development of grazing farms, soil health recommendations, and drainage practices.
- Registration | 9:30 AM
- Welcome | 9:50 AM | Ed Ballard, Dudley Smith Farm Coordinator
- Filling Forage Gaps by Growing and Grazing Cover Crops | 10 AM | Dr. Mary E. Drewnoski, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Associate Professor, Beef Systems Specialist
- Key Step to Developing a Profitable Forage and Conservation Sound Beef Grazing System in South-Central Illinois | 10:30 AM | Evan Schulte Salem Beef Producer
- Modernizing Illinois Phosphorus and Potassium Test Recommendations for Illinois Fields | 11:15 AM | Andrew J. Margenot, U of I Department of Crop Sciences Assistant Professor
- New Crop Rotations for Dudley Smith Farm Drainage Research | 11:45 AM | Kristin Greer, U of I Department of Crop Sciences Senior Research Specialist
Lunch will be provided.
Pre-register by February 2. If you will need an accommodation in order to participate, contact Cassie O'Connell, firstname.lastname@example.org | 217-287-7246. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.