The summer field season is underway and Illinois applicators and operators are doing what they do best! With the training and testing season nearing its end, now is the time to enroll anyone who still needs a 2023 license. The Pesticide Safety Education Program’s online testing and training system will be closed for seasonal maintenance beginning at noon on August 31. The system will reopen in early October for those seeking training and testing for a 2024 license.
Mid to late-summer training and testing options:
Online Training and Testing for a 2023 License
- Those who enroll in online training typically have 30-day access to training. To ensure that you get all 30 days, please be sure to enroll today. All individuals who enroll after July 31, will have access to their training until noon on Aug. 31.
- Those who would like to test online to become licensed for the remainder of 2023 must complete and pass their online test(s) before noon on Aug. 31.
- Enroll in online training and/or testing
- Online Training Enrollment instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Testing Enrollment instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
Online Training and Testing for a 2024 License
- Those who would like to take online training and testing for 2024, can do so by visiting our websites in early October when the online training system reopens.
- In-person testing is available all year through Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDA). In-person tests can be scheduled by calling IDA’s Springfield office at (217) 785-2427 or the Dekalb office at (815) 787-5476.
Other Study Materials
- Pesticide Safety Manuals and workbooks for home study are available year-round on our website.
About the Author: Sarah Hughson is an entomology Extension specialist who provides subject matter expertise and training in pesticide safety and entomology. She is the structural pest control liaison with the Illinois Department of Public Health.