We provide information, resources, and training for Chicago and Cook County farmers, organizations, and residents interested in Local Food Systems and Small Farms.
Our Educators, Zack Grant and Kathryn Pereira, can provide workshops, technical assistance consultations, and referrals to resources for urban and peri-urban food system projects and commercial farmers in Cook County, IL. Our flagship educational program, Master Urban Farmer Training Program, is offered twice a year.
Our specialties include:
- Business Planning and Evaluation
- Creating Vision and Mission statements
- Developing Marketing Strategies and Plans
- Farm Finances and Recordkeeping
- Good Agricultural Practices and Food Safety Modernization Act Education
- Integrated Pest Management
- Season Extension and Infrastructure
- Soil Fertility and Health Management
- Urban Agriculture Production Systems
To stay updated about our latest urban agricultural programming sign up for our mailing list and quarterly newsletter, The Urban Ag Connect.
You can also find us on
Twitter at @LFSSF_Cook
Facebook at UofILocalFoodsCookCounty
YouTube Urban Ag Connect Vlog
We look forward to serving your needs.
2021 Compost Collection Events in Chicagoland
Master Urban Farmer Training Program
Community Map locates food assistnce sites
Local Food and Small Farms Beginning Food Production Webinars
Illinois Fruit and Vegetable News