Our Educators, Zack Grant and Kathryn Pereira, provide workshops, technical assistance consultations, and referrals to resources for urban and peri-urban food system projects and commercial farmers in Cook County, IL. Our flagship educational program, Master Urban Farmer Training Program, is offered once or twice per year.
Our specialties include:
- Business planning and evaluation
- Creating vision and mission statements
- Developing marketing strategies and plans
- Farm finances and recordkeeping
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) education
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Season extension and infrastructure
- Soil fertility and health management
- Urban agriculture production systems
To stay updated about our latest urban agricultural programming sign up for our mailing list and quarterly newsletter, The Urban Ag Connect.
Connect with us
- Blog: Cultivate Cook County
- Facebook: UofILocalFoodsCookCounty
- Twitter: @LFSSF_Cook
- YouTube: Urban Ag Connect Vlog
We look forward to serving your needs.
Urban Ag Connect
Master Urban Farmer Training Program
Community Map locates food assistance sites
Local Food and Small Farms Beginning Food Production Webinars
Illinois Fruit and Vegetable News