Welcome to the Cook County Local Food Systems and Small Farms Team.
We are your go-to source for unbiased, research based information and resources for Chicago and Cook County farmers and residents interested in Local Food Systems and Small Farms.
Our highly trained Educators Zack Grant and Kathryn Pereira can provide workshops (virtual for 2020), technical assistance consultations and referrals to resources for urban and peri-urban food system projects and commercial farmers in Cook County, IL. Our specialties include:
- Business planning and creating Vision and Mission statements that align with your goals
- Integrated Pest Management
- Season Extension and Infrastructure
- Good Agricultural Practices and Food Safety Modernization Act Education
- Critical Evaluation of business processes to increase efficiency
- Soil Fertility Management
Please sign up for our newsletter "The Urban Ag Connect" to stay updated about the latest urban agriculture programming, find archived newsletter, and updates by filling out our Mail Chimp form: http://bit.ly/urbanagconnectnewsletter
You can also Find Us on
Twitter at @LFSSF_Cook
Facebook at UofILocalFoodsCookCounty
Extension looks forward to serving your needs!
Master Urban Farmer Training Program
Save the Date: Saturday March 13, 2021
Community Map locates food assistnce sites
Local Food and Small Farms Beginning Food Production Webinars
Illinois Fruit and Vegetable News