University of Illinois Extension in Cook County, Village of Homewood, and Homewood Science Center have teamed up to keep compostables out of the landfill. Households are invited to drop off yard/garden/kitchen waste to be composted and pick up a bucket of finished compost.
Help us reach our goal of collecting 5 tons of compostable material at this one-day-only event.
- Please BYOB (bring your own bucket). Finished compost is first come, first served. Also, sign up for a chance to win a compost bin!
- Accepted Materials: grass clippings, leaves, landscape waste, and kitchen scraps: eggshells, vegetable skins, and stems
- Not Accepted Materials: products containing oil, dressings, dairy, meat, or bones. No branches over 2” in diameter.
- Location: Homewood Village Hall parking lot. Address: 2020 Chestnut Rd, Homewood, IL 60430 (MAP)
- Social distancing and face coverings are encouraged to participate in this FREE event.
If you have questions about this event or need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Margaret Burns Westmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your organization or municipality would like to partner to bring a composting event to your community, please contact Kathryn Pereira at email@example.com or 773-233-2900.