Resources for creating your 2022 Annual Report
Annual Reports help tell the Extension impact story. They provide a convenient historical archive of county Extension efforts for the year. Together, they demonstrate the positive impact Extension provides families, businesses, and communities across the state. By reflecting and evaluating a previous year's impact, annual reports provide assistance on forward-looking program planning. Annual reports are a legal requirement of the Extension system.
Access the templates and instructions for the 2022 unit annual reports.
Why it matters: The deadline for submission of unit annual report content is March 31.
Training Recordings: Important instructions were provided at two November 2 trainings.
- Annual Report Process: Deadlines, Data, and Templates: Learn what new data will be available in the dashboard and see the updated report design.
- Gathering and Writing Content for Unit Annual Reports: Learn the processes two unit communicators use to gather story and data content for their unit reports. Plus, learn how to write powerful stories in clear, concise words.
Recapping the process: Units may submit their content in two ways:
- As an InDesign file
- As text and photos
Tools to help: The toolkit includes the following resources.
- Annual Report Overview: Deadlines and instructions for production and reimbursement.
- Annual Report Story Checklist: Ensure every story submitted follows this style guide.
- Annual Report Page Layout and Print Specs: Submit with your report to help the design team. Indicate the number of reports to be printed.
- Annual Report Excel File Calculator: Use this Excel file to determine the number of characters allowed in each story.
- Annual Report Word Story Template: For units submitting text content, submit this page so the design team has all relevant information.
- Annual Report Sample Page Layout Options: Pick a page type based on the story's length.
- Annual Report Page Styles Defined: Understand the options for building your pages.
- Annual Report Priority Issue Statements: Use these blurbs in your local stories.
- Annual Report Sample Story Examples: Read successful examples.
- InDesign Template with Link and Font Folders: Download to build your publication.
- Data Dashboard: Download to use the filter for your unit.
Major changes for 2022:
- All content must be submitted between January 15 and March 31.
- No 1/2 page unit data graphics will be created this year. Instead, units may select any data sets to include in their report.
- Units should use the state's print vendor to receive up to a $1,000 reimbursement of print costs.
- The cover will feature one photo. The cover features the title "Extension in Action" and larger county names.
- Page 2 features only the county director report and map. Staff names have been moved to the back cover or inside back cover for large units.
- A new page layout features a full-page photo and full-page headline.
- New photo captions and pull quote formats create a cleaner look.
- Priority issues icons will be replaced with grand challenge icons.