The Extension communications team provides direct service to educators and their program teams to shine a spotlight on the valuable content created and shared by Illinois Extension staff. Our goal is to provide the finishing touches to make your content sing and then to devise and implement plans that will help connect your content to residents of Illinois and beyond.
Updated social media guidance:
Deleting or hiding comments and blocking people on our social media posts should never be done without seeking guidance and approval from state communications team. In these instances, the state communications team will reach out to campus leaders to ensure the proper action is taken. Official campus social media commenting policy.
Requirements for Extension Communications
To accomplish this work, we have assembled a diverse team of communications professionals who can help with a wide variety of marketing and communications activities.
- Marketing and communications planning and research
- Writing and editing support for press releases, blogs, fact sheets, and other educational materials
- Social media strategy and management
- Video filming, editing, and promotion
- Media relations and targeted media campaigns
- Digital and print marketing and advertising
- Branding and graphic design
- Campaign monitoring and analytics-driven decision making
- Exploration of emerging marketing tools and trends
- Training and resource development for marketing and communications topics
In addition to the state communications team, each day we are fortunate to get to work with highly-qualified marketing and communications staff who operate in units across the state. Together, we bring experience, local market knowledge, and a passion for the Extension mission.