Check your current and older blogs against this checklist.
With the upgrade to Drupal 9, some processes have changed which impact the presentation of your content.
- Ensure every blog article has a Main Article Image sized 730 x 400 pixels with limited or no text on the image. The Banner image is optional. If you choose to use a banner image, be aware the image will be very narrow.
- Remove photos from inside text sections, especially at the beginning of blogs so they don’t overlap the Main Article Image. There are several new options for photos.
- Add the Parent Blog Name (bottom of edit screen) by beginning to type the name of your blog. It will auto-populate the blog. You need to do this for every previous blog and new blog moving forward. This is what links the blog to its archive.
- Choose keywords specific to the blog content.
- Check and correct previous links that may lead to deleted pages or discontinued legacy websites.
- Change any naked URLs (https://...) to hyperlinked text.
- Add any appropriate H2, H3, or H4 headings.
Try these new blog features
There are several new options that enhance the readers' experience with blogs.
Image Text Row
To associate specific text with a specific photo:
- Size your image to 1200 x 880 pixels.
- Choose Add Image Text Row from the drop down menu beneath the text box.
- Choose whether the photo appears on the right or left side of the page and the proportion (25%, 33%, 50%).
- If you add a subtitle, it acts as an H2.
- Add the text you want associated with the photo.
To highlight up to three images with captions:
- Size each image 1200 x 880 pixels.
- Choose Add Image Row.
- Upload the image with alt text. You may wish to add the credit to the image. This is for internal purposes and does not show on the published page. Click Save and Insert.
- Add an appropriate caption (optional).
- Repeat up to two times for a maximum of three images.
To add several images to a blog:
- If possible, size images 1200 x 880 pixels.
- Choose Add Image Gallery.
- Add a gallery title, subtitle, and description.
- Click Add New File to upload each image.
- Use the Title field under the image for the caption. The caption will only show when the image is clicked.
Buttons Inside Rich Text
- Create the hyperlink first.
- Click inside the linked text and select Styles.
- Choose the color/style of button.
If you wish the blog to remain unpublished until a specific advanced date, use the Scheduling Options. Enter a date you want the blog to be published. This date should match the Posted On field.
If you post an advanced date in the Posted On field, the blog will not show up in your list of current blogs, but it will be visible for anyone with the link and will show up in the list of Related Content.
Avoid using tables; summarize instead. If necessary:
- Click the table icon from the ribbon.
- Enter the column, row, and header information.
- Immediately add dummy content to expand the fields so it’s easier to see the fields.
- Click anywhere inside the table and select Responsive Table from the Styles drop down.
- Enter your content