At a Glance
- Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Sun/Shade
- Mature Height: 2 - 4 Feet
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 4 - 9
- Soil Conditions: Moist, Well-Drained
- Foliage Color: Green
- Bloom Color: Lavender, Pink, Purple, Red
- Bloom Season: June - August
- Size: Medium
Features of Beebalm
Beebalm is a late and long flowering perennial that forms large clumps of color. Good for cutting and aromatic foliage. It spreads due to rhizomes.
- It required moist, well-drained soil in sun to partial sun location.
- Provide good air circulation to prevent mildew.
- Avoid dry soils to ensure quality foliage but at the same time dry soils help to keep the plant somewhat in check and from spreading too much.
- Divide every 3-4 years to maintain vigor.
- Deadhead to prolong bloom.