Shrub-like plant with maple-like foliage and hibiscus like flowers. Good as a container plant or specimen in the garden. Variegated leaf types and pendulous types available.
- Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Sun/Shade
- Mature Height: 1-4 Feet
- Soil Conditions: Moist, Well-Drained
- Bloom Color: Bi-color, Peach, Pink, Red, Yellow
- Bloom Season: June - October
- Hardiness: Tender Annual
- Size: Medium, Tall
Caring for Flowering Maple
- Full sun to very light shade in a moist soil. Light afternoon shade is helpful to prevent wilting of the plant in the heat of the day.
- Prefers moist soil and light afternoon shade.
- Pinch the tops of branches to promote a more compact plant.
- Can be brought in for the winter and used as a houseplant, thus the name 'Parlor Maple.' Put in a bright light location for best results.