- Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Sun/Shade
- Mature Height: 15 to 18 Inches
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 4 - 9
- Soil Conditions: Moist, Well-Drained
- Foliage Color: Green
- Bloom Color: Bi-color, Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Red, White
- Bloom Season: March through April
- Size: Small
Features of Lenten Rose
Excellent low growing mound shaped plant and one of the earliest flowering in the late winter very early spring. Clean glossy foliage that is semi-evergreen. Slow to establish but are long lived once they do. Foliage tends to be evergreen. Sap may cause skin rashes. Reported to be deer and rabbit resistant.
- Need high organic matter soils that are moist and in a shaded location.
- Remove damaged foliage in the spring.