At a Glance
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Mature Height: 1 to 4 Feet
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 4 - 8
- Soil Conditions: Moist, Well-Drained
- Foliage Color: Green
- Bloom Color: Blue Purple
- Bloom Season: August through October
- Size: Medium, Tall
Features of New York Aster, Michaelmus Daisy
Taller version of aster good for the back of the border. Excellent late summer early fall flowering, Will spread and form large clumps. Attractive to butterflies.
- Prefers rich high organic matter soils that are well-drained and in a full sun location.
- Provide good air circulation to lessen disease problems.
- Divide every 2 years to keep them vigorous and to control their spread.
- Cutting back by one-half in mid-June can help control the height and produce a more compact plant.