At a Glance
- Exposure: Full Sun
- Mature Height: 6 to 12 Inches
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 3 - 9
- Soil Conditions: Dry
- Foliage Color: Green
- Bloom Color: Pink, Red
- Bloom Season: June
- Size: Small
Features of Maiden Pink Dianthus
Low growing, spreading plant that offers early spring flower color followed by attractive mat-like blue-green foliage. Reported to be deer resistant.
- Prefers a well-drained soil in a full sun site.
- Well-drained soils help prolong the life of dianthus; otherwise, they are a short lived perennial.
- Cutting back plants by half after flowering helps to encourage a rebloom.
- Good drainage and alkaline soil helps promote rapid spread of plant.
- Hot humid summers result in melting out of the centers of the plant.