- Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Sun/Shade
- Mature Height: 2 to 3 Feet
- USDA Hardiness Zones: 2 - 9
- Soil Conditions: Moist, Well-Drained
- Foliage Color: Green, Yellow
- Bloom Color: Pink, White
- Bloom Season: June
Features of Old Fashion Bleeding Heart
Good specimen plant for the shaded garden. Graceful fern like foliage on a mound shaped plant. Dramatic flowers in late spring, early summer. Unique heart-shaped flowers. Old fashion bleeding heart will go dormant during the summer. Foliage will turn yellow and die to the ground. May also die to the ground if planted in a dry location. Reported to be deer resistant.
- Does best in a shade to part shade site in soils that are high inorganic mater and remain moist but well drained.